The seminar will offer participants from the UK–Vietnam Higher Education Network the opportunity to meet with colleagues and receive an update on opportunities for networking in the area of university industry links.
The event will run coincidentally with a visit to Vietnam by academics and industry partners of the University of Salford.
Participants will include 100–120 representatives from the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), UK Higher Education institution(s), senior leaders and academics from higher education institutions (HEI) in the Vietnam–UK Higher Education Network and those who interested in joining.
Format of the event
- Seminar with practical sharing from HEIs in Vietnam and University of Salford combined with a panel and open forum for discussion.
- The language of the seminar is English and Vietnamese with provision of simultaneous translation.
Objectives of the seminar
- Support the internationalisation of higher education and the Higher Education Reform Agenda (HERA) in Vietnam
- Share UK university industry linkage models
- Showcase updated outcomes of UK–VN HEP projects
- Introduce new HEIs having joined the UK–VN HEP 2019–2020
Date/Time and Venue
- Time: 08.00–13.30, Friday 7 June 2019
- Venue: New World Saigon Hotel, 76 Le Lai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Representatives from MOET, the British Council and UK universities
- President/Rector, Vice President/Vice Rector, Head/Deputy Head of international office, project coordinators, project team members of UK and Vietnam universities in UK–VN HEP projects
- President/Rector, Vice President/Vice Rector, Head/Deputy Head of international office of Vietnamese universities
- Academic staff from HEIs
- Industry representatives
Registration now before deadline 3 June 2019
Donna McGowan, Country Director, British Council in Vietnam
Ministry of Education and Training
|08.45–09.00||British Council's study: Opportunities, models and approaches for UK-East Asia higher education partnerships to deepen university collaboration with industry and business enterprise||Hoang Van Anh, British Council|
|09.00–09.20||Overview of Vietnam landscape on university industry collaboration||Ministry of Education and Training/HEIs in Vietnam|
Learning from effective UK university industry collaboration and University of Salford's models on:
Professional Hisham Elkadi
Professional Zeeshan Aziz
University of Salford
|09.40–10.00||Developing world class university–industry linkages at Cranfield University – Sharing of best practices||
Rebecca Charles, Cranfield University
|10.00–10.20||Developing an industry driven curricula to support collaborative R&D, UI engagement and open innovation.||Amina Helal, University of Salford|
|10.20–10.40||Break and networking|
|10.40–11.20||Activities and approaches to working with industry - Vietnamese HEIs sharing case studies on their jointly developed research projects, co-location of facilities and expertise, technology transfers, and skills and knowledge development for industry employees.||Chaired by University of Salford|
Introduce Steering Committee and Chair(s) of the UK-Vietnam Higher Education Network
Introduce new HEIs joining the Network in 2019
|11.30–13.30||Lunch and networking||Hotel Restaurant|
Tel: +84 (0)24 3728 1937
Tel: +84 (0)28 38232862 (ext. 2500)