We have been operating in Vietnam since 1993. Currently, we have centres in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City and operate a wide range of programmes across the country in partnership with local authorities and partners.
Here are some information and statistics outlining our activities in Vietnam in 2016–17:
- More than 13,000 people studied English in our established teaching centres.
- 2500 English language teachers were trained by our English for Education Systems (EES) team.
- 72 officials from ministries and government agencies studied English with us.
- 42,000 people in Vietnam took examinations with us.
- More than 100 UK institutions participated in our Education UK events.
- 1,031 educational managers, head-teachers, teachers and students took part in Connecting Classrooms activities.
- 870 specialists, policy makers, enterprise communities, lecturers, students attended our promoting Social Enterprise events.
- More than 400 people attended high profile events organised by the UK Alumni Association in Vietnam.
- 11,000 people attended UK Education exhibitions across the country.
- More than 1,500,000 people visited our website.
- More than 24,000 people attended our arts activities.
- The British Council Virtual Teacher Support website for English teachers had 34,312 visitors from April 2016 to March 2017.