Within the framework of the Talent Campus of the 3rd Hanoi International Film Festival, British Council and the Cinema Department will jointly organise HANIFF Directing Studio workshop for film talents from Vietnam and the region.
As part of the workshop, which runs from 23 to 27 November 2014, the organiser also offers a range of lectures, panel discussion focused on directing skills. Participants attending the workshop are the ones who:
- work or study in the areas of screenwriting, documentary filmmaking, producing, directing, cinematography, acting, editing, film criticism, distribution, sound design, film music composition, art direction or production design
- be fluent in English
- have worked on a short film or be a film student in your third year or in a post-graduate programme
The workshop will be facilitated by UK based director Joe Lawler. Graduated from Theatre Department in United Kingdom, Joe Lawler produced, wrote and directed ten acclaimed short films, under the title CIVIC LIFE. HELEN, Joe’s debut feature film, premiered at the 2008 Edinburgh International Film Festival before screening at over 50 film festivals worldwide. Currently Joe is writing his third feature film which is jointly being developed by the British Film Institute and the Irish Film Board.
To register to the HANIFF Directing studio, candidate must submit:
- an online form at HANIFF website
- one short summary of their current project (not more than five pages)
- one video clip of a film that they have directed.
Application should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline for application: 15 November 2014.
Besides the workshop on directing skills, the Talent campus also offers HANIFF Script Station for Script writers and HANIFF Director of Photography (DoP) for cameramen.
To learn more about Talent Campus and the 3rd Hanoi International Film Festival, please click on this link www.haniff.vn