The Nesta’s creative enterprise train the trainer programme is organised in Ho Chi Minh City by the British Council. The programme and associated resources are unique, creative, practical and were designed by the leading innovation organisation Nesta from the United Kingdom to support creative start-up business.
The aim is to provide knowledge of how to structure training session for new creative businesses following Nesta’s practical creative enterprise approaches. Programme attendees will also leave with Nesta’s Creative Enterprise Toolkit, which can be used for their own training programme. Besides, we are looking for potential experts to cooperate with British Council on training programme for creative entrepreneurs in the future.
Percy Emmett, a highly experienced specialist trainer and strategist in all areas of creative and cultural industries from the United Kingdom, will be the trainer in the programme.
Time and venue
16 to 19 March 2015
ADC Academy, 3rd floor, MH Building
728 – 730 Vo Van Kiet, Ward 1, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
The following topics will be covered during this three day programme
- Understanding personal values
- Visioning the creative idea into a business
- Relationship modelling – understanding business relationships
- Blueprint modelling - mapping next steps to achieve specific goals
- Marketing and customer profiling
- Introduction to financial planning
- Introduction to business mentoring to support creative entrepreneurs
Who should attend
- Trainers for start-up business, representatives from training institutions for entrepreneurs
- Founders/people working in creative hubs who are keen to understand/explore ways to support hub members who are creative businesses
- Business advisors for start-up business, representatives from organisations whose function is to support local businesses
- Lecturers from universities and colleges offering creative courses, i.e. in architecture, design, visual arts, media, marketing, multi-media etc.
During the programme, you will
- be able to use the specific tools and methods to support creative entrepreneurs and work interactively with other attendees
- learn how to structure a series of creative business start-up learning sessions using the tried and tested approaches
- leave with Nesta’s Creative Enterprise Toolkit, materials and resources which you can use to support creative start-ups
- have the opportunity to cooperate with British Council on other trainings for creative start-ups.
Nesta is one of the leading innovation organisations from the United Kingdom. Nesta’s train the trainer programmes have supported over 200 university lecturers and business advisors to use the Creative Enterprise Toolkit materials with their students and creative who are thinking of starting up a business.
Participation fee is US$2500 including fee for trainer from the UK, venue, translation, material, etc.
The training is part of British Council’s Creative Economy project, thus most of the expenses will be covered. Each participant only needs to pay 1,200,000 dong. Participants from other provinces should cover travel and accommodation expenses by themselves.
After the training, we will ask participants for their commitment to collaborate with us in other training initiatives for creative start-ups in the future.
The language in the programme is English with Vietnamese translation.
Complete an online application form following the link.
Deadline: 28 February 2015
The maximum number of attendees is 15. The applications are shortlisted, then result will be announced by 5 March 2015.
For further information, please download the programme flyer below or contact
Dang Thi Huong Lan (Ms.)
Creative Economy Project Manager
20 Thuy Khue, Hanoi
T +84 (0)4 3728 1920 ext. 1913
M + 84 (0)9836 67581