Opportunities for companies in craft sector/home decoration to receive support to further develop business and design skills
The training is organized by British Council collaborates with Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of Ho Chi Minh city. The aim is to support companies in craft sector to improve business skills and develop innovative designs which are fit for European and international markets.
Besides the training, UK experts will support three companies in six months to develop new collection and provide consultancy about business skills and assess to international market.
Time and venue
20 – 22 January, 2015
HSC building – 175 Hanoi Boulevard – Thao Dien – District 1 – Ho Chi Minh City
Participants in the training
The training is for exporters and young designers in craft sector.
- operate in the craft sector/Home Decoration with at least three years business trading.
- have export experience, particularly in the European market
- are manufacturer, or collaborating with local production groups (the training is not for a trader)
- have experience in developing products and have products with market potential
- send representative who are Managing Director, Design Manager or Designer, Marketing or Sales Manager, who are able to make decision about product and business development
- representative who preferably could understand and speak English
- representative could attend the whole training
- each company could send maximum two representatives.
- students in final year in universities about product design, freelance designers
- have experience and interested in designing craft products
- who preferably could understand and speak English
- could attend the whole training
(We will accept maximum 40 participants for the training)
Six month consultancy about business and product development
The consultancy will be delivered by two UK experts, conducted via email or Skype in English in six months, from February to July, 2014.
Key focus in the consultancy:
- product development, advice and consultation about concept, material, design and product access to international market.
- opportunities to expand the market in the UK and Europe.
Fee for participating in the training: 700,000 dong per participant.
Fee for six month consultancy: US$1,362/six months (US$227/month), paid in one time when participating in the programme.
How to apply:
Fill in the application form and send to Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of Ho Chi Minh City, 2nd Floor, 179 Nguyen Cu Trinh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 31 December 2014.
For further information, please download information in the link below or contact:
Dang Thi Huong Lan
Creative Economy Project Manager
20 Thuy Khue, Hanoi
Tel: 84 -4-3728 1920 ext. 1913
Mobile: 0983 667 581
Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of Ho Chi Minh City