Cultural and Creative Hubs Vietnam (CHV) is a three-year project co-funded by the European Union and the British Council, and implemented by the British Council, in partnership with the Vietnam National Institute of Culture and Arts Studies (VICAS) between 2018 and 2021.
Cultural and Creative Hubs Vietnam is implementing a series of activities focused around a network of local organisations actively engaged with practitioners and audiences in the field of arts, culture and creativity. Culture is an enabler and driver of sustainable development, a way of engaging communities in shaping our shared future and supporting open, inclusive and stable societies. Artistic and cultural approaches empower diverse groups to participate in cross-cultural dialogue, creative and collective problem-solving as well as capacity building. Culture also provides tools and spaces for creative expression and gives voice to individuals to raise awareness, build solidarity and encourage change. For more information about the project please visit here.
British Council in Vietnam require consultancy support with primary data collection and analysis, collating of secondary data sources, and synthesis of all data sources into a comprehensive report against the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework of the project. An M&E framework, setting out key programme outputs, outcomes, indicators and data sources has been developed and is available upon request from interested candidates.
Scope and objectives: what must this work deliver
The overall objective of the work is to support the delivery of the monitoring and evaluation plan for British Council Vietnam’s CHV program. We anticipate that the work will require up to 50 working days to complete.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- Design and implement annual surveys of project participants that collects data to report against key project outcomes as set out in the project M&E framework. Three annual surveys will be delivered: i) April 2019; ii) April 2020; and iii) April 2021.
- Review data collection forms for implementation monitoring data and ensure that these are fit for purpose.
- Develop a project database allowing for easy reporting of implementation monitoring indicators, as detailed in the M&E framework, and input of annual monitoring data.
- Develop and implement a series of in-depth interviews with a sample of government officials, managers and policy/decision makers that have participated in key program activities.
- Provide reports on key findings, drawing upon the data from surveys, implementation/activity monitoring and in-depth interviews, M&E activities conducted under their supervision, using a range of formats and for different audiences. A final dissemination plan will be agreed with the project team.
Further details of the specific requirements under each of those objectives are provided in Annex 1 - Request for Proposals (RFP) – download link is provided below.
Proposals will be assessed using the following criteria:
- A strong track record of the design and implementation of high-quality monitoring tools, data collection processes and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement a range of evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to work in close partnership with programme implementation teams
- Knowledge of British Council programmes and activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Vietnamese
- Experience in the field of culture and development is an advantage.
See Clause 14 in the RFP Evaluation Criteria for more details – download link is provided below.
How to respond to this request for proposal
Interested candidates are invited to:
1. Request for a copy of the project M&E framework by sending an email with subject line CHfIG M&E to email@example.com
2. Send your proposal comprising of:
- a cover letter addressing why you would be a suitable candidate for the assignment (1 page)
- a CV highlighting qualifications/experiences as required in Clause 9 of the RFP – download link is provided below
- a proposed work plan and cost estimate (inclusive of all applicable taxes) for approximately 50 working days between March 2019 and June 2021.
All queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org marked CHV M&E before 25 February 2019.
Please send your proposal to email@example.com by 31 March 2019.
See Annex 2 Agreement for the purchase of professional or consultancy services (short form) for more information – download link is provided below.