Cultural and Creative Hubs Vietnam is a three-year project co-funded by the European Union and the British Council, and implemented by the British Council, in partnership with the Vietnam National Institute of Culture and Arts Studies (VICAS) between 2018 and 2021.
Cultural and Creative Hubs Vietnam is implementing a series of activities focused around a network of local organisations actively engaged with practitioners and audiences in the field of arts, culture and creativity. Culture is an enabler and driver of sustainable development, a way of engaging communities in shaping our shared future and supporting open, inclusive and stable societies. Artistic and cultural approaches empower diverse groups to participate in cross-cultural dialogue, creative and collective problem-solving as well as capacity building. Culture also provides tools and spaces for creative expression and gives voice to individuals to raise awareness, build solidarity and encourage change. For more information about the project please visit here.
In April 2019, the British Council organise a symposium with members of the Vietnam National Assembly together with key international and national institutions and organisations working in the field of arts and culture, and cultural and creative hub leaders. The event forms a part of the Government Advocacy and Legal Assistance for Hubs component of the project.
The objectives are:
- To raise awareness about the cultural and creative industries and the role of hubs for members of the National Assembly.
- To initiate a platform for long-term information exchange and policy dialogues between cultural and creative hubs leaders and key decision/policy makers in Vietnam.
This symposium will have the participation from:
- 30–40 members of the Vietnam National Assembly.
- Representatives from the Committee for Culture, Education, Youth and Children of the Vietnam National Assembly, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the European Union Delegation to Vietnam, the British Council Vietnam, Vietnam National Institute for Culture and Arts Studies, and other international and national institutions and organisations in the field of arts and culture in Vietnam.
- Prominent players and influencers in the cultural and creative industries in Vietnam, particularly the cultural and creative hub leaders.