Did you know?
- Over 90 per cent of graduates from universities in Wales get a job within six months of graduation.
- Wales is one of the most affordable places to live in the UK.
- There are more than 136,000 students studying at universities in Wales, including about 22,000 international students from 135 countries.
- More than three-quarters of research carried out at Welsh universities is recognised as “world-leading” or “globally excellent” according to The Research Excellence Framework (REF) in UK universities.
- Wales has a rich culture and a diverse heritage with 6 World Heritage Sites recognised by UNESCO.
As a part of the UK’s prestigious education system, Wales is a leading study abroad destination bringing you the excitement of city life, combined with beautiful countryside, mountain ranges and an amazing coastline. Wales is also one of the most affordable places to live in the UK.
In order to help young people find out more about the benefits and opportunities of studying at one of the eight universities in Wales, the British Council has collaborated with Global Wales to implement a “Study in Wales” communication programme including the following activities:
- Minigame 'Study in Wales' on Hoa Hoc Tro Magazine Facebook page – from Aug to Sep 2019.
- 20 most appealing stories about studying in Wales from Welsh alumni on Hoa Học Tro online newspaper.
- Study in Wales segment introducing education in Wales in VTV7’s TV show IELTS Face-off – Season 4, which was broadcast from September to November 2019.
- Produced the ‘Study in Wales guidebook’ in October 2019
- The talk show Study in Wales – All you need to know was organised in October 2019.
- Opened the content hub Study in Wales on VnExpress.net online newspaper
- Produced 6 episodes ‘StudyinWales101’ online edition promoting study Business and Management in Wales. The programme was broadcast on the IELTS Face-off YouTube channel from February to April 2021.
- Broadcast the masterclass series Live from Wales delivered by lecturers from Welsh universities. The programme brings a good opportunity for students to discover the study majors and teaching methods of participating Welsh universities through practical and interesting topics such as design, big data and artificial intelligence, tourism management, marketing, market research, journalism and supply chain management.
Wales – a leading study abroad destination in the UK – is ready to welcome you for this academic year!