26 scholarships for COP26
GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future are for students from Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey, and Viet Nam who want to study at a UK university for a one-year postgraduate course in a climate change-related subject. Each scholarship offers a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees.
The scholarships are jointly funded by the British Council, the GREAT Britain Campaign, and participating UK higher education institutions. Twelve UK universities partnered in this programme include Anglia Ruskin University, Cranfield University, Royal Agricultural University, University College London, University of Bristol, University of Derby, University of East Anglia, University of Edinburgh, University of Essex, University of Glasgow, University of Greenwich – Natural Resources Institute, and the University of Manchester.
For 2021–22, academic year Students from Viet Nam can apply for this scholarship through following UK universities:
- Royal Agricultural University
- University College London
- University of Bristol
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Greenwich
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are a passport holder from one of the following countries: Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey, and Viet Nam.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university
- can meet the academic and English language requirements of the UK university you apply to.
GREAT scholars should be:
- motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
- active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- willing to share experiences, create content, and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- comfortable acting as an ambassador for GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future and a spokesperson about climate change
- willing to attend COP26 events upon invitation from the British Council
- willing to speak to potential candidates about their experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university website by clicking on the link above for more information and for the subjects available.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.