The British Council in Vietnam offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online or through our authorised IELTS registration partners. When you book the IELTS test with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today. When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
|IELTS Academic and General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||VND4,664,000||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||VND5,252,000||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)
To book your test you will need to:
1. Make sure you have a form of valid ID card or Passport at hand when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age are required to register by the legal parent or guardian and have consent by a parent or guardian in order to leave exam premises alone on the test day.
2. Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
3. You have 72 hours to complete your registration and payment otherwise your registration will be automatically cancelled. Candidates can choose from these options to pay for your test: pay by cash at British Council offices, via card/debit card (VISA/Mastercard) through our online registration system, or via bank transfer.
Pay at a British Council office
You can pay by credit card or cash at British Council offices in both cities
- Hanoi: 20 Thuy Khue street, Tay Ho district
- HCMC: first floor, Viettel Complex Building, 285 Cach Mang Thang Tam street, ward 12, district 10.
Customer services opening hours
- Hanoi: 08.30–19.00 (Monday–Friday); 08.30–12.00 and 13.30–16.30 (Saturday)
- HCMC: 08.30–19.00 (Monday–Friday); 08.30–12.00 and 13.30–16.30 (Saturday)
When you come to register, please ensure you bring the Acknowledgement of Receipt of IELTS Test Application and a copy of your ID card or passport (notarisation is not required).
Note: Your payment is only accepted at one of our British Council offices
Pay via bank transfer
Make a bank transfer to the following account and upload your evidence of payment approval to British Council online registration system or send email to British Council via email@example.com for Hanoi candidates or firstname.lastname@example.org for HCMC candidates.
Your booking will be processed within three days of British Council receiving your test application and test fee.
Please noted that Instant money transfer service is not available for Citibank.
- Beneficiary name: BRITISH COUNCIL VIET NAM LLC
- Account number (VND): 0201912008
- Bank: Citi Bank, N.A Hanoi branch
- Address: Horison Tower, 40 Cat Linh street, Cat Linh ward, Dong Da district, Hanoi.
- Bank code: 01605001
- Swift code: CITIVNVX
- Instruction: <Payment reference > <phone number>
In the Instruction for bank transfer description, please use exactly:
- Payment reference: You can find the Registration Reference Number (example: A3-VN002-S-XXXXXXX) in the confirmation email or test taker portal.
- Your phone number: (example: 84-09XXXXXXXX)
Notes: Candidates are responsible for the payment of transfer or any other bank fees in addition to test fees that may be charged.
If you are unable to email evidence of payment approval (file exceeds 10MB), please call our hotline (1800 1299) for support.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation of completion of IELTS registration and acceptance of application. You will also receive the access to the full IELTS preparation materials to support you with your IELTS test, including Road to IELTS and all other British Council IELTS preparation materials.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as other parts of the exam, or on a different day within a seven-day window before or after your main test date. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking test date.