The British Council in Vietnam offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online (and, where applicable, at one of our offices in Hanoi and HCMC). When you book the IELTS test with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||VND 4,750,000||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||VND 4,750,000||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||VND 6,225,000||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||VND 4,917,000||Book now
* For 7 April 2020 and onward tests, the test fee will be:
- VND 5,349,000 for IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General training)
- VND 4,470,000 for IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)
For IELTS tests in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, candidates can choose from these options.
1. Online registration via British Council website
2. Registration at a British Council office
You can pay by credit card or cash at British Council offices in both cities
- Hanoi: 20 Thuy Khue street, Tay Ho district
- HCMC: first floor, Viettel Complex Building, 285 Cach Mang Thang Tam street, ward 12, district 10.
Customer services opening hours
- Hanoi: 08.30–18.30 (Monday–Friday); 08.30–12.00 and 13.30–16.30 (Saturday)
- HCMC: 08.30–19.00 (Monday–Friday); 08.30–16.30 (Saturday)
When you come to register, please ensure you bring your original ID card or Passport along with a copy of your chosen form of identification (notarization is not required). Please check our Provisions of identification documents of IELTS test takers.
For candidates under the age of 18, you are required to print and complete the Minor Consent Form available. Please read the information carefully. Both candidate and a parent are required to sign page 3 of the form. Bring your form to the British Council, along with your ID card or Passport when you register for the exam.
3. Registration via bank transfer
Your booking will be processed within three working days of British Council receiving your completed documentation and test fee.
|1. Contact our hotline for further information and instructions||Hotline 1800 1299|
|2. Download registration forms and fill in by hand|
|3. You can submit your Application forms in one of the following ways||
C/O: SCM Exams British Council
4. Make a bank transfer to the following account and send evidence of payment approval to the British Council via firstname.lastname@example.org for Hanoi candidates or email@example.com for HCMC candidates.
In the Instruction for bank transfer description, please select your test format
Notes: Candidates are responsible for the payment of transfer or any other bank fees in addition to test fees that may be charged.
If you are unable to email evidence of payment approval (file exceeds 10MB), please call our hotline (1800 1299) for support.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation message stating the start time of your test and your test venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as other parts of the exam, or on a different day within a seven day window before or after your main test date. The test center will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online preparation course Road to IELTS.