The British Council in Vietnam offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online or through our authorised IELTS registration partners. When you book the IELTS test with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training – paper-based test||VND4,750,000||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training – computer-delivered test
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)
To book your test you will need to:
1. Make sure you have a form of valid ID card or Passport at hand when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age are required to register by the legal parent or guardian and have consent by a parent or guardian in order to leave exam premises alone on the test day.
2. Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
3. You have 72 hours to complete your registration and payment otherwise your registration will be automatically cancelled. Candidates can choose from these options to pay for your test: pay by cash at British Council offices, via card/debit card (VISA/Mastercard) through our online registration system, or via bank transfer.
Pay at a British Council office
You can pay by credit card or cash at British Council offices in both cities
- Hanoi: 20 Thuy Khue street, Tay Ho district
- HCMC: first floor, Viettel Complex Building, 285 Cach Mang Thang Tam street, ward 12, district 10.
Customer services opening hours
- Hanoi: 08.30–19.00 (Monday–Friday); 08.30–12.00 and 13.30–16.30 (Saturday)
- HCMC: 08.30–19.00 (Monday–Friday); 08.30–12.00 and 13.30–16.30 (Saturday)
When you come to register, please ensure you bring the Acknowledgement of Receipt of IELTS Test Application and a copy of your ID card or passport (notarisation is not required). Please check our provisions of identification documents of IELTS test takers.
Note: Your payment is only accepted at one of our British Council offices
Pay via bank transfer
Make a bank transfer to the following account and upload your evidence of payment approval to British Council online registration system or send email to British Council via firstname.lastname@example.org for Hanoi candidates or email@example.com for HCMC candidates.
Your booking will be processed within three days of British Council receiving your test application and test fee.
- Beneficiary name: BRITISH COUNCIL (VIET NAM) LLC
- Account number (VND): 0201912008
- Bank: Citi Bank, N.A Hanoi branch
- Address: Horison Tower, 40 Cat Linh street, Cat Linh ward, Dong Da district, Hanoi.
- Bank code: 01605001
- Swift code: CITIVNVX
|For Hanoi registration||For HCMC registration|
|HNEX-IELTS test fee for PBI/CDI <test date> <candidate name> <phone number>||HCMEX-IELTS test fee for PBI/CDI <test date> <candidate name> <phone number>|
In the Instruction for bank transfer description, please select your test format
- PBI: Paper-based IELTS
- CDI: Computer-delivered IELTS
Notes: Candidates are responsible for the payment of transfer or any other bank fees in addition to test fees that may be charged.
If you are unable to email evidence of payment approval (file exceeds 10MB), please call our hotline (1800 1299) for support.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation of completion of IELTS registration and acceptance of application. You will also receive the access to the full IELTS preparation materials to support you with your IELTS test, including Road to IELTS, Word Ready and all other British Council IELTS preparation materials.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as other parts of the exam, or on a different day within a seven-day window before or after your main test date. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking test date.