Newton Institutional Links is part of the Newton Fund. This is part of the UK’s official development assistance programme.
Newton Institutional Links provides grants for the development of research and innovation collaborations between the UK and partner countries including Vietnam. The research facilitated by these grants tackles local development needs and challenges such as extreme weather conditions, access to affordable health care, food and energy security.
The grants are intended to provide small-scale seed funding to:
- start and develop collaborations between academic groups, departments and institutions in partner countries and the UK
- support the exchange of expertise and research knowledge
- establish local hubs for UK-partner country activities.
WHAT DO THESE GRANTS COVER?
Grants can be between £30,000 to £300,000 over two years and cover costs including:
- research-related costs
- the exchange of researchers, students and industry staff (including SMEs and not-for-profit organisations)
- costs of organising meetings, seminars, training
- other activities to establish and strengthen collaborative links
HOW TO APPLY
To receive an email alert when the new calls launch, please sign up to the Euraxess UK newsletter on the Euraxess UK website.
If you are interested in collaborations with us in Newton Programme Vietnam, please contact
Nguyen Thu Giang
Higher Education Manager (Science and Innovation)
20 Thuy Khue | Hanoi | 10000 | Vietnam
T +84 (0)24 3728 1920 ext. 1926
Direct +84 (0)24 3728 1926
F +84 (0)24 3843 4962