The deadline for applications is extended to 5 November 2021 (23.59 GMT).
Addendum to recent East Asia Going Global Partnerships Call for proposals
Further to the recent EA GGP Call for Proposals from British Council in China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Viet Nam, please note that the section on eligible costs has been updated, as follows:
- Eligible costs: The cost of staff time for full-time personnel working directly on the project, plus the costs of temporary personnel and other temporary staff recruited to work solely on the project.
If you have any further questions, or need any further clarification regarding the above, please contact relevant British Council offices as below
- China: Cathy.He@britishcouncil.org.cn
- Malaysia: Prabha.Sundram@britishcouncil.org.my
- Indonesia: Muhaimin.Syamsuddin@britishcouncil.or.id
- Thailand: Chanya.Tangsuk@britishcouncil.or.th
- Vietnam: VanAnh.Hoang@britishcouncil.org.vn
Please see the list of Vietnamese universities who wish to look for UK partners to set up the partnerships in the Download section.
The British Council in Viet Nam works in partnership with the Viet Nam Higher Education Department, Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) to support its implementation of the revised Higher Education Law 2018 and its ambition to raise the quality of the higher education (HE) sector toward regional and international standards in teaching, learning, research, innovation and knowledge transfer in the upcoming three years 2021 to 2024.
The Going Global Partnerships supports and strengthens quality tertiary system in Viet Nam and the internationalisation of higher education strategies in both UK and Viet Nam through:
- Exchanging experience, sharing insights and creating connection between UK and Viet Nam HE sectors and policy development
- Enabling and creating sustainable, diverse and inclusive HE partnerships and networks between UK, Viet Nam and other East Asian countries in teaching, research, innovation and knowledge transfer
- Strengthening the performance of Viet Nam's HE sector
- Promoting mobility and exchange for students and academics
Invitation for applications
British Council in Vietnam now invites applications from UK and Vietnamese universities and organisations to work in a consortium to set up partnership projects under the UK-Viet Nam Partnerships for Quality and Internationalisation, Going Global Partnerships initiative.
Priorities of this call include:
- Leadership and governance – Higher Education leadership for Social Inclusion and Gender Equality programme
- Preparing Viet Nam higher education qualifications for future development of transnational education (TNE) and international recognition
- Towards excellence in teaching, research, innovation, and knowledge transfer
Partnership funding ranges from £30,000 to £60,000 per partnership project with the expectation of match funding at the ratio of 1:0.3 from participating UK and Vietnamese universities and organisations.
Partnership proposals are for three years of implementation from December 2021 to March 2024.
The deadline for applications is extended to 5 November 2021 (23.59 GMT)
Further guidance about the call and the application pack can be downloaded below. For all enquiries, please email email@example.com.