Aptis ESOL - Cancellation and refund policy
Please find detailed information on the Aptis ESOL Cancellation and Refund Policy below.
To apply for an Aptis ESOL test cancellation:
If you are a registered candidate through a registration agent, (e.g. institution or university), you must inform the registration agent at your earliest convenience and process your request as per their instructions.
A cancellation is possible under the following conditions:
- If a test taker cancels their Aptis ESOL test registration within 14 days of their booking confirmation, the test taker will receive a full refund and no administrative fee will apply. Alternatively, a test taker can transfer their test to another available test date free of charge.
- If a test taker cancels their Aptis ESOL test registration outside of 14 days of their booking confirmation but less than 48 hours prior to the test date, the test taker will receive a refund of 75 per cent of the test fee. Alternatively, a test taker can transfer their test to another available test date for a 25 per cent administrative fee.
- If a test taker cancels their Aptis ESOL test registration within 48 hours prior to the test date, no refund or test date transfer will be permitted, except in cases of certified illness or compassionate reasons.
If a test taker has not cancelled their Aptis ESOL test registration within the relevant timeframe above and/or has not appeared to take the Aptis ESOL test, then any refunds or test date transfers will normally not be accepted. However, test takers may be able with supporting evidence to request that an exception be made to the standard cancellation and refund policies in special circumstances, such as:
- serious health issues relating to the test taker or a family member
- recent bereavement in the test taker’s family
- hardship/trauma – e.g. being the victim of a crime or involved in a traffic accident
Test takers must submit their exception request together with relevant supporting documents (see Documentation section below) in writing to the test centre or registration agent within four weeks after the test date. Requests without supporting evidence will not be considered.
If the test centre approves the exception request, the test taker will receive a refund of 75 per cent of the test fee or will be allowed to transfer their test to another available test date with a 25 per cent administrative fee charged.
If the test centre does not approve your exception request, then the standard transfer and refund policies detailed above will apply.
As part of the process, test takers will be prompted to submit the following relevant supporting evidence to registration agents (e.g. institution or university):
- a copy of the invoice of your test fee received after you completed your booking
- (if applying for exception request) written evidence justifying your absence on the test day:
- official medical certificate signed and stamped by a qualified medical practitioner
- police report, death certificate, other official statements
Please note that the refund can only be processed by bank transfer to registration agents. The refund may take six to eight weeks to process.