As part of the ‘Inspire Me’ series of activities celebrating 45 years of diplomatic relations between the UK and Vietnam and on the occasion of 25 years of the British Council’s work in Vietnam, the British Council is working in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Training in organising the following event:
Social innovation lecture tour with Dr Belinda Bell, Programme Director of Cambridge Social Ventures (CSV), part of the Cambridge Judge Business School Centre for Social Innovation.
- Hanoi: 14.00 – 17.00 on 8 October 2018 at hall B1, building A2, National Economic University, 207 Giai Phong, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi.
- Danang: 14.00 – 17.00 on 10 October 2018 at hall A, University of Danang - University of Economics, 71 Ngu Hanh Son, Danang.
- HCMC: 14.00 – 17.00 on 11 October 2018 at A116 Hall, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, 59C Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
Dr Belinda Bell is a social entrepreneur, a consultant and an experienced scholar. At the fifth annual awards of the Social Entrepreneurs’ Exchange (SEE), she was honoured with the ‘highly commended’ award for Social Entrepreneurship Champion of the Year 2017. Dr Belinda Bell works actively to support the development of social enterprise, by having laid the foundation for a great deal of research on social innovation and social enterprise, as well as establishing the Master of Social Innovation programme at the University of Cambridge.
This event is for:
- university students who want to find out more about learning opportunities and practical steps to become social entrepreneurs, or work in the social innovation sector in the future
- social entrepreneurs who want to share and learn more about international experience in the social innovation/social enterprise sectors, and discover opportunities to connect/collaborate with the social enterprise ecosystem in the UK
- university lecturers and researchers who want to learn more about teaching programmes and case studies in creating social impact through social innovation and social enterprise initiatives
- incubation hubs/centres wishing to connect and learn more about training and incubation experiences from social enterprise programmes in the UK.
At the event, Dr Belinda Bell will discuss these topics:
- What does social innovation really mean? How can we differentiate social innovation and social enterprise?
- What is causing the upsurge in interest in social innovation?
- How does social entrepreneurship work in practice?
- Where are the overlaps between social innovators and other sectors of the economy/society?
- Learning and research opportunities in social enterprise and social innovation at the University of Cambridge and other universities in the UK.
To attend the lecture tour, please register here:
For further information on the event, please contact:
Doan Thanh Hai (Ms)
20 Thuy Khue, Hanoi
T +84 1800 1299 (ext. 1906)