Rivers of Life – impacts of climate challenges to the Mekong delta and social actions of youth
Time: 14.00–17.30 (07.00–10.30 UK time), 17 March 2021
Venue: Department of Education and Training, 06 Vo Truong Toan, Cao Lanh, Dong Thap
- Young people to better understand the emerging issues relating to five key areas of COP26, especially the impact of climate change on their lives and communities.
- Young people in Viet Nam have an increased sense of urgency about responses to climate challenges.
- Launch the Rivers of Life – Social Action Projects in climate challenges in the run up to COP26
- Policy leaders, makers, leaders in environment in the Mekong delta
- Scientists majoring in environment, climate change and impacts on rivers.
- Artists who have strong interest in climate challenges and who work to communicate climate challenge messages innovatively.
- Young researchers, activists, journalists, lectures, students who are keen to address climate challenges and who would like to contribute to and participate in social action projects addressing climate challenges.
- Vietnamese (with translation)
Performance of students in Dong Thap
Mekong – a river of life
A presentation from an independent expert addressing climate challenges in the Mekong rivers as well as policies
Climate change and its impact on the Mekong Delta River – research and evaluations of experts from the United Kingdom
|Climate challenges through the eyes and actions of scientists and artists
Associate Professor, Dr. Hoang Thi Thu Huong, Senior Lecturer, Institute of Science and Environment Technology, Hanoi University of Technology
Ms Mzung Nguyen, Filmmaker, Visual Artist
Moderated by Hoang Van Anh, Director of Education and Society, British Council
|Launching of Rivers of Life programme
Hoang Van Anh, Director of Education and Society, British Council
Department of Education abd Training Dong Thap/British Council