Children at this age benefit from established class routines and are capable of longer periods of concentration in a classroom setting. Learners are still developing concepts, literacy and numeracy in their first language and our carefully selected English course content supports this.
Students on our pre-school and primary courses:
- cover topics of interest to children and relate these to their own experiences
- increase their confidence and interest in the English language
- learn and practise a wide range of language functions
- are exposed to natural language through activities giving them a real purpose to communicate in familiar and meaningful situations
- extend their knowledge of the world
- develop thinking and problem-solving skills and model universal values and behaviour.
WHAT WILL MY CHILD LEARN?
Depending on their level, students on a typical course learn how to introduce themselves, follow verbal instructions, write a postcard and ask for things politely. They will use English to study interesting and relevant topics, such as world travel and animals.