About the resource
The resource pack comprises short units with accompanying activities for teachers to use with students aged between 11 and 17 years old. It focuses on improving students’ understanding of the impact of climate change, how it affects their lives and community, introduces students to gender inequality and the disproportionate impacts of climate change on girls and women as well as how these areas are connected. The resource also addresses the role of education that could mitigate climate change effects on vulnerable groups such as girls and women in development contexts. Students should have better understanding of the main issues and opportunities as well as encouraging a transformative action learning approach.
In order to make the resource pack more accessible for students and teachers in ASEAN countries where English is not the official language or the language of instruction in the classroom, the resource pack will be translated into 8 major languages of ASEAN; Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Burmese, Filipino, Khmer, Laos, Thai and Vietnamese.
- This resource aims to promote understanding and informed action around the issues and interlinkages between climate change and girls’ education.
- Teachers and students will:
- Understand the urgent importance of addressing climate change and the role of climate change education.
- Understand the importance of girls’ education in the context of achieving sustainable development.
- Recognise the links between climate change education and girls’ education and the need for inclusive, action-oriented learning
- The resource pack is suitable for students aged between 11 and 17 years old. It can be used in English subject, Social Sciences, Personal Social and Health Education, Citizenship, Science, Mathematics.
The resource pack will be available to download soon
- English version
- Vietnamese version