GREAT Scholarships offers scholarships from UK universities, across a variety of subjects for students from 18 countries including Vietnam.
Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year taught postgraduate course.
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of the programme, all GREAT scholars will be invited to a welcome event in the first semester and a networking event in the second semester.
Applications for the 2022-23 academic year are open.
GREAT Scholarships for students from Vietnam
For the 2022-23 academic year there are four postgraduate scholarships available to Vietnamese students at the following institutions. Please visit the university pages below for more information and how to apply:
|UK universities||Courses on offer||Deadline for application|
|University College London||all subjects||9 June 2022|
|University of Hull||all subjects||31 May 2022|
|University of Greenwich||all subjects||Information is not available yet|
|University of Westminster||Humanities, Life Sciences, Social Sciences||13 Jun 2022|
Note: To be considered for the GREAT Scholarship 2022, you will need to have received an offer of study on a postgraduate taught degree programme at one of the above universities.
British Council Vietnam will organise a webinar introducing GREAT scholarships 2022-23 with the attendance of representatives from University College London, University of Hull, University of Westminster and 2021-22 GREAT scholar Nguyen Minh Thuy.
Time: Friday 18 Feb 2022, at 20:00 – 21:00 (Vietnam local time)
Platform: Microsoft Teams (link will be sent to participants two days before the event)
To join the webinar and have your questions answered by representatives from British Council Vietnam and participating universities, please register here.
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Vietnam
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.