Celebrating the achievements of alumni in Vietnam
The Alumni Awards are open for alumni who have studied in the UK and have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, industries and countries for the past 15 years.
Some of the benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award:
- Raise your international profile through the global press and digital coverage
- Build your professional networks and business connections
- Having a platform to be able to share experiences of UK education/career with others (particularly young people).
Application is now open from 1 September to 29 October 2021, at https://bit.ly/3ktHccQ
Who is eligible?
The awards are open to alumni currently residing in any country outside the UK, who have either studied in the UK, at an officially recognised provider of UK university degree level study for a minimum of a term or semester or who have been awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a UK university through a local institution overseas, within the last 15 years.
Please read the Terms and Conditions at https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/alumni-awards/enter/terms-conditions
Deciding on which category to apply for
There are four award categories:
- Science and Sustainability Award recognising alumni who have distinguished themselves through their career and achievements in the world of science and sustainability, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond. Areas of work could include Climate action, clean energy, medicine, sustainable cities and communities, engineering, industry and construction.
- Culture and Creativity Award recognising alumni who have carved a career for themselves in arts and culture. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their artistic ingenuity, influence and creativity. Areas of work could include Arts, design, media, video, TV, music, bloggers, vloggers, Youtubers and the humanities.
- Social Action Award recognising alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others. Areas of work could include: Reducing inequality, poverty and hunger. Education and upskilling. Peace and justice.
- Business and Innovation Award recognising alumni who are active in initiating and contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities, that have the potential for growth. Areas of work could include Entrepreneurship, business, technology.
Alumni submit one application which will be considered for the Global Alumni Awards. If their current country of residence is one of the selected countries (including Vietnam) also hosting national level Alumni Awards, their application will also be considered for those awards in addition to the Global Awards. National level awards are run concurrently, but separate to, the Global Awards.
All selected award finalists benefit from increased PR and press opportunities that raise their profile and share their success with international audiences. Winners of the global awards will be celebrated on a global scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity.
See further at: https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/alumni-awards/about
National Award in Vietnam
In a separate process not linked to the Global Awards, British Council Vietnam will review applications from alumni Vietnam and select the top 20, followed by an internal/external in-country judging panel to select eight finalists and four winners for the national awards in Vietnam.
Finalists and winners of the Vietnam national award will be given some of the following benefits:
- Raise profile through a digital campaign implemented by the British Council in Vietnam from January to March 2022 in prestige media platforms, for example, Forbes Vietnam magazine
- Be connected to and supported to join some specific scholarship schemes and capacity building programmes by the British Council and/or local partners (subject to individual cases)
The National Awards Ceremony will be organised in February 2022 with support from the British Embassy.
What happens next after my application?