Celebrating the achievements of alumni in Vietnam
When outstanding individuals receive a world-class education in the UK, the effects can last a lifetime. The Alumni Awards shine a light on the impact that alumni of UK higher education institutions are making in their chosen field, and how this was sparked by their studies in the UK.
The British Council has launched the eighth year of a prestigious award celebrating the outstanding achievements of the UK’s international alumni around the world.
The Study UK Alumni Awards are open to alumni living anywhere outside of the UK. Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, industries, and countries. The Study UK Alumni Awards celebrate and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education and raise the international profile of UK alumni and their former universities.
The awards are open to alumni currently residing in any country outside the UK, who have either studied in the UK, at an officially recognised provider of UK university degree level study for a minimum of a term or semester or who have been awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a UK university through a local institution overseas, within the last 15 years.
There are four award categories:
- Science and Sustainability Award recognising alumni who have distinguished themselves through their career and achievements in the world of science and sustainability, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond. Areas of work could include Climate action, clean energy, medicine, sustainable cities and communities, engineering, industry and construction.
- Culture and Creativity Award recognising alumni who have carved a career for themselves in arts and culture. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their artistic ingenuity, influence and creativity. Areas of work could include Arts, design, media, video, TV, music, bloggers, vloggers, Youtubers and the humanities.
- Social Action Award recognising alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others. Areas of work could include: Reducing inequality, poverty and hunger. Education and upskilling. Peace and justice.
- Business and Innovation Award recognising alumni who are active in initiating and contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities, that have the potential for growth. Areas of work could include Entrepreneurship, business, technology.
Some of the benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award:
- Raise your international profile through the global press and digital coverage
- Build your professional networks and business connections
- Having a platform to be able to share experiences of UK education/career with others (particularly young people).
|1 September 2021
|29 October 2021
|Applications close at 16.00 (BST)
|October – November 2021
|Shortlisting of applications
|December 2021 – January 2022
|Announcement of finalists
|18 March 2022
|Vietnam national-level winners announced
|April – August 2022
|Global finalist announcement & digital celebration
|Global Alumni Awards winners announced
Meet the 2021-22 winners and finalists
Among stiff competition from a variety of strong applicants, there are six outstanding finalists and three excellent winners. Find out what makes their story unique.