June 2020 onwards
1. UK Vietnam Higher Education Partnership dissemination webinar series: Sustaining UK Vietnam higher education partnerships in response to the “new normal”
- to encourage continuous strategic engagement and collaboration between Higher Education Institutions in the UK and Vietnam during and post Covid-19
- to act a catalyst for innovation in international education, driving development in UK Vietnam Higher Education partnership
Webinar #1: University Industry Links: 09.00–10.00 (BST), i.e. 15.00–16.00 (Vietnam time), Thursday 11 June 2020
Webinar #2: Quality Assurance and TNE (July, date to be confirmed)
Webinar #3: University Leadership and Governance (July, date to be confirmed)
2. ThinkTNE webinar series is British Council East Asia’s flagship dialogue series focused on quality and excellence in transnational education. It comprises education policy events, covering a wide range of TNE topics, including quality assurance, student experience, academic and talent development, and employer engagement. Leading representatives from education sectors in the UK and East Asia are invited to discuss top priorities and challenges in the development and delivery of TNE. Three webinars in June will cover ‘Student TNE experience’, ‘Academic engagement,’ and ‘Strategic development and the future of TNE’. See details at the Download section below.
3. Going Global: the Social Distancing Edition, in the absence of a Going Global conference this year, offering a digital alternative so that leaders and future leaders can continue the conversation around internationalising higher education. Together we will explore this year's theme: Global learners, global innovation. You are all invited to join Live Events about Global learners and Universities of the Future, Global learning in a post-COVID world, and more.
1. Monthly Higher Education Professional webinar series will be organised in collaboration with UK–VN HE Network. This webinar series will provide an excellent opportunity for UK and Vietnamese higher education institutions to stay connected and share knowledge and expertise in addressing key challenges of the higher education agenda post Covid-19, as well as identify priorities of the two countries in international partnership development. Webinar topics include, amongst other topics:
- higher education autonomy and impact on university governance
- “new normal” of teaching and learning
- graduate employability
- quality research and community engagement
2. Launch of the ‘UK-Vietnam Higher Education Partnership (UK–VN HEP) – case studies and learnings’ e-book that will include:
- Evaluations to review and better understand the impact of the Higher Education Partnerships formed as part of British Council initiatives across East Asia
- Collections of case studies and project outcomes from the UK–Vietnam Higher Education Partnership (UK–VN HEP) during 2018-2020
- Summaries of how the partnerships have strengthened existing links, contributing to the institutions’ strategy, and bringing success, values and mutual benefits to both UK and Vietnamese higher education institutions, businesses and related organisations.