New Directions in English Language Assessment is an annual conference organised by the British Council in East Asia, providing perspectives and insight on trends and approaches in English language assessment locally and internationally. The 4th British Council New Directions in English Language Assessment conference will be held in Hanoi, Vietnam from 13 to 14 October 2016.
The focus in Hanoi 2016 will be to look at the role and effects of standardised testing and the development and/or use of proficiency scales to describe language ability. We will also consider performance-based testing: its benefits and challenges.
We look forward to meeting you at the conference.
New Directions 2016
Conference dates: 13-14 October, 2016
Venue: Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, Hanoi, Vietnam
Pre-conference workshop dates: 11-12 October, 2016 (Venue: Sheraton Hanoi Hotel)
Post-conference workshop date: 15 October, 2016 (Venue: Hanoi University of Industry)
New Directions English is intended as space in which policy makers, educational professionals, academics and teachers and assessment practitioners can interact, exchange information, and keep abreast of the leading developments in the field. It will be of interest to all academics and researchers, education officials, and teachers from all education sectors - higher, vocational, secondary and primary - as well as to members of assessment related associations and examination board representatives. The conference will not only appeal to existing assessment practitioners and specialists, but will also appeal to teachers, educational leaders and policy makers wishing to learn more about local and international trends and approaches in English language teaching, learning and assessment.
- Professor Paul Seedhouse, Newcastle University, UK
- Professor Barry O’Sullivan, British Council, UK
- Dr Gad Lim, Cambridge English Language Assessment, UK
- Dr Jessica Wu, The Language Training and Testing Centre, Taiwan
- Dr Veronica Benigno, Pearson, UK
- Dr Vu Thi Phuong Anh, Educational Quality Training and Support Centre, Association of Vietnam’s Universities and Colleges (AVUC), Vietnam
- Ms. Wu Sha, National Education Examinations Authority, China