The Inclusion, Mobility, and Multilingual Education Conference: Exploring the role of languages for education and development is a new event bringing together the 6th Multilingual Education Conference and the 13th Language and Development Conference (LDC) to address the most up-to-date key issues of language, human mobility, multilingual education and development.
The conference will be held on 24–26 September 2019 in Amari Watergate Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand. Registration is now open till 31 August 2019.
The Inclusion, Mobility and Multilingual Education Conference will:
- explore how an open and inclusive multilingual approach, especially in the context of education and wider society, can maximise outcomes and well-being for different groups and for an increasingly mobile population
- create links between policy, practice and research on how multilingual approaches can be used to advance (civic) participation, access, and learning for children and adults from marginalised and mobile communities
- investigate the role of, and balance between, different languages – local, national, and international – in the context of diverse and mobile populations, and social and educational practice
- identify policy priorities for advancing multilingual approaches to social and educational policy-making, learning and development
- raise awareness among participants in these key thematic areas.