The British Council in Vietnam is in partnership with Vietnam National University, Hanoi and Euraxess to organise the FameLab Vietnam 2017. At the regional heat, we collaborate with Vietnam National University-Hanoi, Thai Nguyen University, The University of Danang, Vietnam National University-Ho Chi Minh City and Can Tho University with an aim to facilitate candidates nationwide to participate in regional live auditions.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Vietnamese citizens aged 21 to 35 years those are teachers of science subjects from high schools, postgraduate students, researchers, engineers, lecturers, technicians and researchers from universities, colleges, research institutes, and enterprises.
HOW IT WORKS
The competition includes two rounds
1. Regional heat
The regional heat happens in five cities including Hanoi, Thai Nguyen City, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City and Can Tho City.
- Submit an online application by 17.00 on 24 March 2017. The application includes a registration form and an abstract in English on science research results which he/she was directly involved in or interested in with the following criteria: simple, detailed, understandable and inspiring. Candidates are responsible for the accuracy of the content as well as issues related to copyright.
- Candidates register the region to conduct their audition.
- Regional judges will select a maximum of three outstanding candidates per region to go to the final round in compliance with the following criteria: content, clarity and charisma that means scientific content, creativity of presentation, inspiring or fascinating content and quality of presentation (clear, coherent, logical, smooth and interesting).
- More information on FameLab Vietnam's facebook
2. Final round
Each candidate will present in English or Vietnamese (English preferred) about his/ her science research which they are directly involved or interested in. The presentation to last no longer than three minutes and be simple, detailed, understandable and fascinating/inspiring.
Candidates can use multimedia or other means to ensure the presentation interesting and understandable. Note: support equipment must not take time to install on stage, and must not require extra support from others.
- Application submitsion deadline: 17.00 on 24 March 2017
- Regional heat judging panel assessment: 27 to 31 March 2017
- Training on presentation skills for candidates: 11 to 15 April 2017
- Final round (tentative): 24 to 28 April 2017 in Hanoi
- Winner: A trip to the UK to represent Vietnam in the International FameLab Competition 2017 fully paid by the British Council, and a Lab tour (proposed by the winner) in the Europe fully paid by Euraxess.
- Two runners up and People's Choice award: three fully paid British Council's Myclass English courses and three IELTS tests
- The 08 candidates remaining of the final: a fully paid British Council's Aptis tests.