Vietnam Language Assessment Symposium (VLAS) is an event providing insights into English language assessment issues and trends in Vietnam. The event follows the interest generated from the New Directions in English Language Assessment international conference held in Hanoi in 2016.
It is intended as an accessible space for educators to exchange diverse perspectives on language assessment in this dynamic context, and will be an annual event. Hosted by the British Council Vietnam, the first VLAS will be held in Chi Minh City on 23 May 2017.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals are invited for papers that address the main theme of the conference, focusing in particular on any of the sub-themes addressed below.
Presentations slots will be 25 minutes (20 minutes for the presentation with five minutes for Question and Answer).
The language for presentation is English.
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSION OF absTRACTS
- Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and meet the submission guidelines below.
- The subject of the proposed paper should clearly reflect one or more of the sub-themes of the conference.
- The proposed paper should be relevant and of practical interest to the audience.
- Work presented should be original and offer insight.
- We welcome abstracts from both researchers and teachers, including action research and case studies sharing the experience of educators in specific contexts.
- Classroom-based assessments to inform learning
- Classroom-based assessments to inform teaching
- Assessment literacy for teachers
- Alternative assessments
- Properties of classroom-based assessments vs. standardised assessments
- Validity and reliability of classroom-based assessments
- Issues and challenges in classroom-based assessments
- Classroom-based assessments and meeting needs of diverse learners
- Classroom-based assessments and technology
We ask prospective presenters to fill in the proposal form below and return it to two following email addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For any other questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of abstracts by end of Saturday 29 April 2017 (23:59 Vietnam time)
- Notification of acceptance by 5 May 2017
- Submission of presentation by 17 May 2017