In the events “Inspire Me” on the occasion of 45 years of ambassadorial relations between the UK and Vietnam and 25 years of the British Council’s work in Vietnam, the British Council works is organising this event:
Technology Innovation Lecture Tour with Mark Gilligan, CEO of Blacktrace Technology Group, United Kingdom
- Hanoi: 08.30 – 11.30, 26 November, University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam National University Hanoi, 144 Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Ha Noi
- HCMC: 08.30 – 11.30, 28 November, HCMC University of Technology, Vietnam National University HCMC, 268 Ly Thuong Kiet, Ward 14, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Danang: 08.30 – 11.30, 29 November, University of Technology, Danang University, 54 Nguyen Luong Bang, Hoa Khanh Bac, Lien Chieu, Da Nang
Mark Giliigan is the founder and CEO of Blacktrace Technology Group. Blacktrace Group designs, develops and manufactures cutting-edge technologies and products for many applications in chemistry, microfluidics, biology, nanomaterial sciences and more. The Group are passionate about innovation and creating cool superior products which make a real difference to advancing science. Blacktrace have offices in the USA, Japan, India and Brasil and over 40 distributors worldwide offering technical assistance and support. Mark worked in Aerodynamics, Formula 1 racing cars, mail handling equipment and developing the worlds first DVD players. He will share experiences from the UK in developing and manufacturing technology products as well as building world-class technology businesses.
This event is for:
- university students who want to find out more about learning opportunities and practical steps to explore the world of technology and/or work in the technology innovation in the future
- start-up entrepreneurs who wants to learn more about international experience and start-ups ecosystem
- university lecturers who want to learn more about innovative technology start-up research
- incubation hub/centre wanting to connect and learn more about training and incubation experience from start-up enterprise programmes in the UK.
Mark Gilligan will share the main topics:
What is technological innovation? How to put the scientific research into real and cool products?
- How to realise the creative ideas?
- How to bring hi-tech products to the market?
- Call for investments in technological innovation?
- Opportunity to study, research and collaborate with Blacktrace Group, UK.
Please register for the event here.
For more information about the program, please contact:
Nguyen Thu Giang
Higher Education Manager (Science and Innovation)
20 Thuy Khue
T +84 (0)24 37281920 (ext. 1926)