More than just an English course – learn English for the real world
Secondary Plus is no ordinary English course – it has been designed by the world’s English experts. You will enjoy dynamic lessons on real-life topics that prepare you for a global world.
Practical. Challenging. Hands on.
Your spoken English will improve alongside your written English as you:
- gain confidence in speaking English through activities such as presentations, fun debates, vlogging and interviews
- learn about real-world topics like urbanisation, the environment, ethical food and climate change
- develop life skills such as collaboration and leadership to help you succeed in the future, and have lots of fun along the way.
What are the features of Secondary Plus?
Dedicated editorial team and team of materials writers at the British Council are developing a course which:
- is project-based developing life skills as well as English language and English language skills.
- students explore and acquire English in the pursuit of clear communicative goals (e.g. the end of magazine projects).
- topics are of direct relevance to teens and encourage developing views on issues and values that matter to them.
- promotes cross-cultural understanding.
Through out 64 hours during the course, students will be equipped both exam skills and academic skills.
- Academic English is the language and skills that students need to study effectively in school and university. They are: Academic language, Evaluating, Note taking, Active listening, Time management, e-communication, Process writing, Academic referencing, Evaluating relevance, Identifying fact and opinion, Memory techniques.
- Exam skills are targeted strategies and skills which can boost a student’s performance in exams. They are: Skimming and scanning, Predicting, Topic sentences, Supporting ideas, Presentation skills, Extending answers, Key words, Paraphrasing, Complex sentences, Pronunciation, Summarising, Meaning from context. They are not only useful for IELTS exam but also for other exams at school and international exams.