Teaching Centre Accounting Part-time Helper
Successful candidates will work in Sales and Customer Management Accounting Team, Teaching Centre to deliver administrative support to the team. This is an exciting opportunity where you can support the team in collecting course fees and examination fees.
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City|
|Salary||VND45,000 per hour|
|Duration||Three month part-time contract with possibility to extend|
|Closing date||Friday 14 July 2017|
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The British Council in Vietnam is a priority country for the British Council within East Asia. We engage with nearly 15 million people a year through activity across three strategic business units: Education and Society, English and Exams and the Arts. Our work focuses on increasing prosperity in Vietnam by supporting reform of the education system to meet the needs of the 21st century, up-skilling social and arts entrepreneurs, and supporting government policy.
We have two centres in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, with two additional branch teaching centres in each city. Our English courses include myClass English for Adults, IELTS exam preparation courses for adults and high school students, academic English for high school students, secondary English course, and primary English course, StoryTime English course for five years old.
We are looking for part-time Teaching Centre Accounting Helpers to support Sales and Customer Management (SCM) Accounting Team to do collection activities including but not limited to the following:
- process all kinds of payments at the Front of House from the customers and issue VAT invoices and/or receipts in compliance with the customer service standards, corporate standards and local tax laws
- involve in handling cash/cheque to bank staff with Accounts Officer’s supervision following requirements of the cash collection process.
Accounting and Admin support
Support the team in:
- managing blank VAT invoices received from Finance and Resources team
- advising SCM team members in matters relating to the SAP system and income collection when required
- monitoring filling finance document and records of the SCM in compliance with the customer service standards, information management standards, corporate finance standards and Vietnamese Accounting System (VAS)
- managing cashier-related facility maintenance (money counting machines, credit card machines, etc.)
- managing team’s filing system and folders to maintain IGRM requirements
- support SCM Accounting team leader in other admin tasks when required
- be active when communication with other teams (Sales, Customer Management, Finance, Exams, etc.)
Other important features or requirements of the job:
- interested in collecting money, especially high amount of cash and card transactions
- communication skill
- customer service orientation
- less than one year of working experience and majoring in accounting and/or finance
- competent in MS office (Excel is a plus)
How to apply
Interested candidates please send your CV to email address email@example.com with email subject [Name_TC Accounting Helper]
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The British Council believe that all children have potential and that every child matters - everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989.